adrianamae

Julie Bozza
Think Of England
K.J. Charles

Sight Unseen

Sight Unseen - Hunter Raines I have mixed feelings about this book. If I had to use one sentence to describe it, I would say, "It fell short."

I can't say that I loved this book or that I hated it. There was an interesting concept and interesting theories that had to do with ghosts, poltergeists, energy strands, orbs, manifestations, possessions and ultimately, an exorcism. But still some of those issues were not fully explained or (for me) they did not make sense because some of it was inconsistent. Then you have the relationship between our heroes. I didn't buy into it. Daniel was a sweetheart. Logan was an ass or at least he was for the most part of the book. The only thing they had going for them was a bad case of insta-lust that continued throughout the book to the point that it seemed more a case of priapism than sensuality because these guys could get erect at the drop of a hat or if a breeze hit them. At one point, it got ridiculous or humorous, depending on how you look a it--and that includes the time they fled from the ghost naked, and created a kilt out of one newspaper they found in the car they took refuge in. I haven't mentioned Sophie, the Psycho-ex-wife, now ghost, that wanted revenge on Logan, and was quite a strong presence throughout the book. At least her motivation was clear. Logan and Daniel, not so much.

One thing that I didn't care too much was that this book had three POV's, and it could get confusing. At Sophie's last manifestation, we had her POV, then the next sentence it was Daniels, and the next paragraph, Logans.

The book held my attention, and I liked many things about it, but maybe it required more length and some edits to bring it up to a 3.5 or 4.