adrianamae

Julie Bozza
Think Of England
K.J. Charles

Tattoos & Teacups

Tattoos & Teacups - Anna  Martin This was a previous DNF rating which has become part of my "second chance" shelf.

I'm changing my rating for this story, especially because I finally finished it. This journey of completing "DNF" books have brought some surprises - like for instance, this book. I liked it. So apologies to the author for being an intolerant reader who takes too darn long to change her reading preferences, and kudos for a job well done. That doesn't mean, though, that I have fallen in love with 1st person POV, but now I am more open to the experience. And how could I not when this story had two perfectly sexy characters, the staid professor with a Scottish accent, and the sensual, younger drummer who was his perfect counterpart. If there's one little thing I missed was a low level of angst and conflict with a nice resolution because that's the type of story I prefer, but this story was another type of animal -the one that gives you well fleshed-out characters that we get to know very well and become friends with them.

Old review:
I really have to be in the mood to read 1st person pov and really, really interested or invested in the characters and plot. This is a matter of taste and choice, so for me, this book didn't work.